The Talent Incubator Program is an industry-sponsored research program that hires top Industrial Distribution students to work part-time on company research projects. Since 2010, it has matched more than 190 promising students with over 55 company sponsors to produce more than 100 completed research projects.
Every spring, interested students submit their applications with the Talent Incubator and complete an interview process, with hiring decisions being made during the summer. In the following fall, the chosen students will be matched with an industry project to complete during a paid internship for a company sponsor. For nine months (two semesters), the groups of students will conduct research, create project deliverables, and regularly meet with their sponsor companies to discuss projects. The second semester culminates in a final presentation to the sponsor’s executives.
The Talent Incubator provides a tremendous opportunity to the students; sponsor companies often decide to hire impressive researchers for summer internships or even full-time positions.
Interested students should attend a TIP presentation, and can apply by sending their emails and resumes to Dr. Esther Rodriguez Silva at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Talent Incubator Program LinkedIn Page Coming Soon!
Program Benefits for Students
- Earn money for building your skills and increasing your value as a potential employee
- Perform research in an area of your interest
- Develop critical research, project, and time-management skills
- Apply concepts, theory, and tools just learned in courses to a practical project environment
- Acquire an edge over competition on the future job market
- Secure foundation for future success
Program Benefits for Sponsors
- Employ teams composed of top students, faculty, and researchers to gain access to new and innovative ideas
- Discover and share best practices
- Cultivate a team that is knowledgeable about your company’s practices
- Access a pipeline of skilled, motivated potential employees
- Spread awareness throughout the Industrial Distribution Program
Talent Incubator Program Testimonials
“The Talent Incubator has been the most educational experience in my time at Texas A&M. I have learned how to approach a challenging problem that affects a company and create a roadmap to implement a solution. – all the while interacting with senior management and presenting ideas to company executives. I will always value the growth I have experienced both professionally and personally from this program.”
“The Talent Incubator Program is so valuable because -it gives us experience with a real company implementing the ideas we learn in class; the projects challenge us to go far beyond the average student’s experience and knowledge. The atmosphere allows us to share thoughts with our peers and industry executives and help develop into more informed, well-rounded students.”
“The Talent Incubator has allowed me to use what I have learned in my ID classes and apply it to a real world problem. At the Talent Incubator I am learning how to communicate effectively, seek out resources and think broader than a textbook. The program challenges me and pushes me to seek solutions that could have an extraordinary impact on the efficiency and financials of our sponsor company.”