The Talent Incubator Program is an industry-sponsored research program that hires top Industrial Distribution students to work part-time on company research projects. Since 2010, it has matched more than 320 promising students with over 120 company sponsors to produce more than 180 completed research projects.
Every spring, interested students submit their applications with the Talent Incubator and complete an interview process, with hiring decisions being made during the summer. In the following fall, the chosen students will be matched with an industry project to complete during a paid internship for a company sponsor. For nine months (two semesters), the groups of students will conduct research, create project deliverables, and regularly meet with their sponsor companies to discuss projects. The second semester culminates in a final presentation to the sponsor’s executives.
The Talent Incubator provides a tremendous opportunity to the students; sponsor companies often decide to hire impressive researchers for summer internships or even full-time positions.
Interested students should attend a TIP presentation, and can apply by sending their emails and resumes to Dr. Esther Rodriguez Silva at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Talent Incubator Program LinkedIn Page Coming Soon!
Program Benefits for Students
- Earn money for building your skills and increasing your value as a potential employee
- Perform research in an area of your interest
- Develop critical research, project, and time-management skills
- Apply concepts, theory, and tools just learned in courses to a practical project environment
- Acquire an edge over competition on the future job market
- Secure foundation for future success
Program Benefits for Sponsors
- Employ teams composed of top students, faculty, and researchers to gain access to new and innovative ideas
- Discover and share best practices
- Cultivate a team that is knowledgeable about your company’s practices
- Access a pipeline of skilled, motivated potential employees
- Spread awareness throughout the Industrial Distribution Program
“I am currently participating in an acquisition and the knowledge I have been gaining has been amazing. I wanted to let you know work at SRS has been everything and more that I hoped for. I have been able to apply all the skills from the Talent Incubator within the company. Just wanted to thank you for shaping me into the business man I am today”.
“I now lead our projects team for Southern California with about 2 dozen direct reports. I am absolutely loving my job and can’t thank you enough of what you and the TIP did for me.”
”I look forward to July where I will be joining the Siemens Smart Infrastructure team in New Jersey in the Technical Marketing Leadership and Development Program. I want to say thank you for the opportunity you provided me with TIP and allowing me to grow my professional network. You took a chance on a first generation student and opened so many doors for me. I can not wait to get started and begin contributing to a great organization!”
“I am starting at Deloitte in a little over a week and as I reflect on where I am now and how I got here. I am very grateful for TIP that opened up so many doors for me and I learned so much.”