Distributors are being confronted with increasingly difficult challenges. Challenges such as:
- Rapidly Changing Customer Expectations
- Increased Margin Pressure
- More Aggressive Competition
- Increasingly Necessary IT Modifications Required for Meeting Customer Needs
- Other Complex Logistical Problems
All of these challenges are forcing distributors to Cut Costs, Optimize Resource Usage, and Improve Customer Service. To address these challenges, distributors have been implementing new policies and technology, but have not always reaped the expected financial benefits. The solution to this problem lies in establishing the connection between Best Practices and Shareholder Value.
By utilizing a systematic framework which connects Business Processes to Financial Metrics, distributors can Identify and Prioritize Process Improvement Projects which contribute to their Strategic and Financial goals. In order to connect processes to financial metrics, distributors should first perform:
- A process assessment, then compare their own practices with research-informed best practices
- Use the framework to quantify potential financial improvements
- Make informed decisions regarding which projects and policy changes will yield the greatest increase in profitability
- Neutral 3rd Party Perspective by Texas A&M with a supply chain focus leading to global (overall company) instead of local optimization of processes.
- Comprehensive assessment of business processes and comparison against best practice firms.
- Structured framework connecting business processes and financial metrics
- Improved Net Margins
Delivered the tools we can use to optimize shareholder value. A picture is worth 1,000 words, and Texas A&M’s Distributor Profitability Framework is worth 10,000 words!”
-Ron Cedruly, CFO, Henrietta Building Supplies
Who Should Attend?
- Strategic Business Managers
- Regional / Functional Heads
- Branch / Operations Managers
- Finance Managers / Controllers
- C-Suite, Business Owners, and Entrepreneurs
- Slides as a course booklet
- Workbook for exercises and activity
- Best practices framework map
- Optimizing Distributor Profitability book
Laptop or Tablet for Class Activity
Financial Metrics You Use in Your Firm
Day 1: 8:00am-5:00pm
Day 2: 8:00am-12:00pm